Death Card

Hi paui

The Death Card has to be the one card in the Tarot deck that most,
if not all, people fear seeing in a reading, and yet it isn’t
as dark and macabre as one might think, which is why some
Tarot readers have renamed this card ‘Transformation’.

THIS WEEK'S CARD: DEATH/TRANSFORMATION

How would you feel if I was to say ‘Oh look, you are about
to experience a transformation in your life’? Would you be
as spooked as if you simply saw the Death card as your
outcome card?

I am in the process of creating the Lotus Tarot deck and I
will be naming this card ‘Transformation’ because I believe
it portrays the true meaning of this card far better and
without evoking the chills that the title ‘Death’ card does.

When the ‘Death’ card appears in a reading, the most common
thought is that it is predicting a physical death, that
someone is going to die. This, in most, if not all, cases
is highly unlikely.

I cannot speak for all Tarot readers, but I personally do
not use this card to represent a physical death. For me,
the Death card represents an event or series of events or
circumstances that may cause great disruption and possible
upset, but which make transformation in its many forms
inevitable.

I am not a medium or clairvoyant, but I do use the Tarot
cards to help give men and women around the world some
insights into their own situations and to look at their
lives from a different perspective. Let me give you some
examples: one of the greatest blows any of us can receive,
man or woman, is when we fall utterly in love with someone
only to be rejected and left alone. Many of you may have
had such an experience and it can feel like your world has
fallen apart.

Such incidences can create transformational change within
us, changing our outlook and our approach to love and
relationships. For example, if someone, who didn’t love
you, lets you go, it can open up a whole new set of
circumstances and opportunities for you.

There have been numerous case histories of people who have
been bankrupt and who have lost everything only to change
course and tactics and go on to achieve great success.

For me, the end of something, whether it be a relationship,
job, career or lifestyle is only the sign that it is time
for something new to be created. If I am no longer in that
relationship, I am free to pursue new love. If I have lost
my job, I am free to look for a better one and so on.

The tale of the Phoenix sums up the meaning of the Death
card quite well, where a bird dies in the flames only to
emerge and fly out of the fire transformed into something
far greater.

So don’t fear the Death card when it appears. Take it as a
sign that something in your life may come to an end. The
transition may be challenging but as the end comes to pass
a new beginning will present itself.

Love and Joy,
Alison

Comments