Opening a BDO Account


I have been maintaining my Metrobank account for several years now and I am really satisfied with their service. I want to open an account in BDO because there's a branch just right outside our village and it's really accessible. Plus I have a dollar account on that bank with my dad and a checking with my mom so I want to open an ATM account where I can store my earnings from my online job. I need to be able to keep track of what I am earning online so I can prove to my parents that working online is not a bad idea after all ;)

So I surfed BDO's website to look for certain requirements that I need in order to open an account with them but unfortunately they didn't include any information about what I need to bring in order to open an account with them. Good thing there are people who are kind enough to blog about it and here's what I found..


Reuirements needed to open an account for BDO:
  • Any TWO Primary IDs or ONE Primary and TWO Secondary IDs. Original and photocopy (front and back portion) of IDs
  • 1×1 or 2×2 ID picture (2 pieces)
  • Residence must be within the Branch area and with telephone line. If without telephone line, workplace should be within the Branch area and must present an Original Certificate of Employment.

  • PRIMARY IDs::
  • Philippine Passport
  • Foreign Passport with English characters/translations (and the holder must have residence address in the Philippines)
  • Alien Certificate of Registration
  • Driver’s License with validated Official Receipt from LTO
  • PRC ID with License
  • Green Card
  • Company ID
  • Student ID (Current Year) / School Registration Form
  • New Social Security System (SSS) ID with picture
  • New TIN card
  • Locally issued Credit Card with Picture
  • Senior Citizens ID

  • SECONDARY IDs::
  • Foreign ID with picture issued by the country of origin
  • Philippine Postal ID
  • Firearms License with picture
  • NBI Clearance with picture
  • Voter’s ID
  • Barangay Clearance with picture and dry seal
  • Police Clearance with picture and dry seal
  • POEA card with picture
  • OFW card with picture

  • FOR JUNIOR SAVER’S CLUB
  • 2 valid IDs of Parent/s or Guardian
  • 1×1 ID picture of the Parent/s or Guardian and Child
  • Original and Photocopy of Child’s Birth Certificate
thanks so much to Raych for this valuable info.... and please visit her Blog for more interesting articles about different kinds of stuff ;)


additional information that I got from BDO's website:

Minimum Initial Deposit, Minimum ADB (Average Daily Balance) and Minimum Balance to Earn Interest for various account types


















my further quest for information led me to finding out that BDO had Internet Banking!

BDO Retail Internet Banking

https://www.mybdo.com.ph


With just a click of a mouse, access your accounts and do banking transactions anytime, anywhere.

With BDO Retail Internet Banking (RIB) you may:

  • Inquire the balance of your CA/SA, Time Deposit, Cash Card, Credit Cards, Consumer
    Loan Account, and Trust Account.
  • Inquire the transaction history of your bank accounts.
  • Transfer funds online to other BDO bank accounts or Cash Card accounts
    (Pre-enrollment of all destination accounts is required).
  • Schedule post-dated and recurring payment of bills to over 130 merchants.
    (
    click to view list of merchants)
  • Reload your Globe and Touch Mobile.
  • Reorder Checkbooks.
  • Request for Stop Payment Orders on issued checks online.
  • Request for International and Domestic Telegraphic Transfers online.
  • Inquire the balance of your BDO Credit Cards.

Enroll now!

Go to
https://www.mybdo.com.ph, fill-out, print, sign and submit the online enrollment form to the BDO branch nearest you.



whoa I didn't know that?!? I was so excited that I clicked on the BDO Retail Internet Banking link and signed up right away without even reading about it first only to find out at the end of the registration that I cannot enroll for their online account inless I have an existing account with them.. toinks!!!

so now I really have to go to the BDO branch near our house so I could open an account already and enroll in their internet banking! adios!

Comments

Raft3r said…
i like bdo kasi mall hours sila
di ko na kelangan magmadali pag 3pm na
hehe
Unknown said…
yon nga eh!! tapos meron pa silang internet banking kaya sobrang okay talaga.
Raft3r said…
ang ayaw ko lang sa kanila ay yun image model nilang si piolo
nyahaha
Unknown said…
nyahahahaha!!!
Anonymous said…
thank you for all the infos. i was planning to open an account with them as well and search for the requirements online..buti na lng napadaan ako sa page mo..thanks (n_n)
Anonymous said…
pwede nyo ba akong matulungan...

eh kac ung friends q nag open na daw xa ng account para sa akin sa us pro hanggang ngaun wla pa syang info na naibigay sa akin kung nandito na ba yong pinadala nya sa akin. binigay na nya yong account number q. paano q bah malaman kung totoo ba yong sinasabi nya? at saka paano ko makukuha yong pinadala nya sa akin?
Anonymous said…
can i use bdo debit card to verify my paypal account?
Unknown said…
mag kano ba mag open account sa BDO Student kc aku eh ask lang po aku interested kc aku mag open account sa BDO eh